HomeLocal NewsCommunity InformationCommunity DirectoryNew BusinessRelated Web Sites
Village
Historical Society
Population
New Page 1
Governor Taylor's farm home on the north west corner of Highways BB and N. John Killian who owned the farm in 1927 is standing on the porch. The house was torn down to make way for the corner store and filling station

Now:Cenex Convenience and Hardware Stores

Water covers the Tom Coyle farm pasture and woods after the spring thaw.

Now:
The Cottage Grove Market place

Taylor schoolhouse with teachers and students.

Now:
Wisconsin Community Bank

Cottage Grove District School grades 1 through 10 taken approximately 1907.

Now:
Cottage Grove School
grades 3-5

Saint Patrick's Church taken around 1907. This church was built in 1882. In 1916 the church was lengthened and a new entrance and belfry were added. In 1961 the church was torn down and a new one built.

Now: Same

This farm home built in 1882 for Sam and Liza Arthur, remains at 415 North Main street.

Now: Residential homes

The first Bryn Mawr Church in the present Town of Cottage Grove. This church stood where the present church is now located.

Now: Same

Looking south from Main Street at the railroad depot. The train in the picture is heading east towards Deerfield..

Now: Same

Main Street around 1900.
The east warehouse which stood next to Highway N (Main Street) and railroad intersection. Picture was taken from the northeast corner of the intersection.

Now: Hydrite Chemical Co.

Witte, Kormacher, & Co. Hardware store and garage on  Main Street. The brick garage was built in 1919. The frame building with a balcony, which stood where the garage is, was moved a block south and across the street where is became Johnny Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor and then the locker plant. It was originally moved in 1919.

Now: SSE of Wisconsin Inc.

Taken approximately 1905, this picture is of Cottage Grove looking north on South Main Street. Buildings left to right are the Cottage Grove Inn (with railing), the Post Office, Sime and Barron Store, and the doctors office (Dr. Bell).

Now: Businesses and Apartments.

Main Street looking north from Reynolds Street around 1907. The Cottage Grove Hotel is on the left and Charlie Struckmeyer's General Store is on the right.

Now: Businesses and Apartments

Cottage Grove Bank around 1955. This bank was replaced in 1957. The old fire station can be seen to the right. On the left, in the back is the old Clark barn.

Now: The Shortstop Inn.

Street scene of Cottage Grove looking north from the South Main and Reynolds Street intersection.

Now: Businesses and Apartments

This picture taken in the early 1900's is of the Peterson Blacksmith Shop at 351 South Main Street. Pictured left to right: Ole Peterson, Anna Peterson, and a hired hand.

Later a brick building was build on this site that was occupied by the Farmer's Union Co-op, K & S Automotive, GMT, and Chris Miller Construction.

Now: Chris Miller Construction

The Flynn family farm along Main Street (Hwy N) in the early 1900's. The present Cottage Grove Town Hall and Fire Department now stands in place of the barns.

Now: Fire Station and Cenex Cooperative

Badger School, picture taken approximately 1906.

Now: His Living Word Church

This picture take in the late 1930's is of the Natvig feed mill on South Main Street in Cottage Grove. This building was torn down in November of 1998.

Now: Arrowood Greens Housing

Main Street looking north across from Bryn Mawr church at William Duckert's house Neefe Stort, Gus Duckert's blacksmith shop and the meat market.

Now: Businesses and homes

Copyright 2001, Cottage Grove Economic Development Corporation
Your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of the LEGAL RESTRICTION AND TERMS OF USE www.cottagegroveonline.com Privacy Statement.
We give special thanks to our Sponsors that have helped fund the development of CottageGroveOnline.