||Dennis Stapelmann (608) 839-3897||
||214 W. Cottage Grove Road, Cottage Grove, WI 53527
|Years in Business:
|Hours of operation:
(hours subject to change)
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.;
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.;
- Sunday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Description of services or products:
- Full line of meats (Black Angus beef), Farmland extra tender pork, hand-carved chicken; frozen fish
- Groceries – moderately priced
- Door County fruits and vegetables
- Golden Guernsey dairy products
- Full-service deli; daily lunch specials; Friday fish fry
- Catering services for funerals and special events
Cottage Grove Economic Development Corporation
Other relevant background:
Food safety handling certified, journeyman meat cutter
What is unique about your business or service?
I offer friendly service, special-order cut fresh meats, catering for funeral services, Roaster Company chicken, sides and quarters available (lamb, pork, beef).
What did you do prior to starting this business or service?
I have worked for meat markets and grocery stores for more than 20 years.
Why did you start this business or service?
I wanted to own my own business, giving the community a quality product with small-town friendliness.
Why did you choose Cottage Grove for your business location?
An opportunity presented itself at the time I was looking to open my own business. I was recognized in the community as a quality meat cutter.
How has your business or service changed over the years?
I have expanded the business to offer groceries and catering services for funerals and other special events.
How do you envision your business or service will change in the future?
I expect to put in a full-service 36-foot fresh meat case and expand my catering service.
What do you like the most about owning your business or service?
I can do what is right for the customer.